On the Banks of Plum Creek

In the book, On the Banks of Plum Creek  by Laura Ingalls Wilder, there is a girl named Laura.  She is seven years old and  she has a Ma, Pa, big sister, Mary, and a little sister, Carrie.  They live in the 1800’s and move around a lot.  First they lived in the woods, then the prairie, and now in Plum Creek.  Laura loves it there.  She loves to run around on the long green grass and go swimming in the cold water in the creek.  Laura has the best time there, until she finds out she has to go to school.

One of the conflicts Laura faces is that her mom gives aways her favorite doll to the neighbor’s little girl named Anna.  Laura thinks the little girl is evil because she ripped one of her paper dolls in half.  Now Laura has to find a way to fix it in a mature way.  One other conflict she has is that when she goes to school she meets a girl named Nellie.  Nellie’s dad owns a store, so she has a lot of money.  Read the book to find out how Laura deals with theses problems.

One thing that I have in common with Laura is that she likes to have a good time by doing the simplest things.  Just like me!  For example, she can run around and never get bored and I can walk around a store and never get bored just looking at things.  One of the differences between Laura and I is that she likes to travel and move.  I am one of those people who likes to stay in one place at a time.

Laura doesn’t change very much throughout the book,  but she did get more responsible towards the end of the book.  She also learned how to make better choices.  She also learned more about having friends because this is the first place she has lived that she has gone to school and met other people.  If you would like to know more about Laura, read the book! =-)

364234144_1048abf85f_m[1]

This is a picture a creek.  This photo is from Flickr by K. W. Sanders at http://www.flickr.com/photos/dirgon/364234144/

105770284_e5fd5697c9_m[1]

This is a picture of a wooden house like the on they live in in the book.  This photo is from Flickr by seriykotik1970 at http://www.flickr.com/photos/seriykotik/105770284/sizes/s/

5 thoughts on “On the Banks of Plum Creek

1. Dear Keylimepie,
    I am so happy you expressed your feelings towards this book mainly because I have read it and I like knowing other people’s opinions. When I read the book I noticed the same similarities and differences as you. It is good to know you like exploring like Laura, and so do I. Please let me know if you like the other books.
    From, Danceanddrama911

2. Dear,Keylimepie
    I liked how you showed how you relate to Laura. Keep up the good work!
    From,
    Zathat

3. Dear keylimepie,
    Great posting, really well written and easy to read. Great description of the book and I really want to read it after reading your post.
    From,
    rorschachtest55

4. this book sounds interesting. Also i am the same as you and laura. I also can have the most fun time out of very little things

5. Dear, Keylimepie

This was a great posting. It gave alot of facts about the main chartacotor i feel like i already no them. Great posting!

From,
    i3blogs123